Leveraging collective strength to benefit individual community foundations
Midwest Community Foundations’ Ventures (MCFV) works in partnership with your regional association—Council of Michigan Foundations, Donors Forum in Illinois, Ohio Grantmakers Forum and Indiana Grantmakers Alliance—to help individual community foundations grow assets, visibility and impact.
The Charitable IRA Portfolio is a collection of tools designed to help you communicate the exciting new giving opportunities available to donors as a result of new legislation. To share the details and value of this development with donors, professional advisors and the media, the Charitable IRA Portfolio includes:
- Talking points, a fact sheet and web content
- An event presentation
- Tools that explain the options available and which might best serve donors
- Donor and professional advisor advertisements
- And more!
The James Irvine Community Foundation Series
The James Irvine Foundation launched its Community Foundations Initiative II in 2005. This six-year effort involves a $12 million investment to accelerate the growth and leadership of a set of small and emerging community foundations in rural areas of California. This initiative has generated a significant body of knowledge that can benefit the larger field of community foundations, and that holds particular relevance for the youngest and smallest members of the field. This information is captured and shared through the Irvine Community Foundations Series which includes the following three toolkits:
- The Four Ps of Marketing: A Roadmap for Great Community Foundation Visibility
- Reaching Out: Board Ambassadors for Growth in Community Foundations
- Growing Smarter: Achieving Sustainability in Emerging Community Foundation